Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.
Police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1uanK1O) that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.
Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com