Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.
Police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1uanK1O) that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.
Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com