BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — A group of future number-crunchers had their commencement crashed by DJ Khaled.
The hip-hop star and social media celebrity gave a surprise performance at the ceremony for statistics graduates at the University of California, Berkeley.
In a video posted by the school , speaker Steve Stout had just finished his address Thursday when he said there was a gift for students.
DJ Khaled then walked out among the grads wearing a baby-blue tracksuit and rapping his signature hit “All I Do Is Win.”
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Why watermelon is good for you
The students looked so stunned and confused that few obeyed when he shouted for them to raise their hands in the air.
The 41-year-old rapper then gave a pep talk, saying the world once refused to believe in him, and now he’s onstage with “kids and queens and a generation of geniuses.”