BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — A group of future number-crunchers had their commencement crashed by DJ Khaled.
The hip-hop star and social media celebrity gave a surprise performance at the ceremony for statistics graduates at the University of California, Berkeley.
In a video posted by the school , speaker Steve Stout had just finished his address Thursday when he said there was a gift for students.
DJ Khaled then walked out among the grads wearing a baby-blue tracksuit and rapping his signature hit “All I Do Is Win.”
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
The students looked so stunned and confused that few obeyed when he shouted for them to raise their hands in the air.
The 41-year-old rapper then gave a pep talk, saying the world once refused to believe in him, and now he’s onstage with “kids and queens and a generation of geniuses.”