Denver's mayor will visit Amsterdam next week partly to learn about marijuana regulation in the country that led the way in pot liberalization.
Denver’s mayor will visit Amsterdam next week partly to learn about marijuana regulation in the country that led the way in pot liberalization.
The city announced Thursday that Michael Hancock and other officials plan to meet with representatives of Amsterdam’s municipal government during a trip mainly focused on economic development.
The Netherlands recently has taken a harder line toward marijuana, including banning tourists from visiting coffee shops where pot is sold. Amsterdam still allows tourists in the shops but has been closing ones near schools.
The mayor and his delegation also will tour the Netherlands’ main international airport and visit London during the trip.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Hancock plans to meet with London Mayor Boris Johnson to talk about the city’s experience hosting the Summer Olympics and learn more about its “Tech City” initiative.