Sure, it's cold this week across Washington but the ice on Liberty Lake near Spokane wasn't strong enough to support a deer. Firefighters used ice rescue techniques to save the stranded animal.
Sure, it’s cold this week across Washington but the ice on Liberty Lake near Spokane wasn’t strong enough to support a deer. Firefighters used ice rescue techniques to save the stranded animal.
KHQ-TV reports that on their first attempt Thursday morning, firefighters in ice suits actually fell through the ice.
Then a homeowner offered his paddle board and firefighters used an ice rescue sled to reach the doe. They were able to get a line around the deer and pull her to shore, where she had enough strength to walk into the forest.
Firefighters say the deer appeared to be fine.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
Information from: KHQ-TV, http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3082888/