Sure, it's cold this week across Washington but the ice on Liberty Lake near Spokane wasn't strong enough to support a deer. Firefighters used ice rescue techniques to save the stranded animal.
Sure, it’s cold this week across Washington but the ice on Liberty Lake near Spokane wasn’t strong enough to support a deer. Firefighters used ice rescue techniques to save the stranded animal.
KHQ-TV reports that on their first attempt Thursday morning, firefighters in ice suits actually fell through the ice.
Then a homeowner offered his paddle board and firefighters used an ice rescue sled to reach the doe. They were able to get a line around the deer and pull her to shore, where she had enough strength to walk into the forest.
Firefighters say the deer appeared to be fine.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
Most Read Stories
Information from: KHQ-TV, http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3082888/