DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — A Davenport day care operator has been accused of injuring two infants.
Court records say 44-year-old Amy Smith is charged with child endangerment causing injury and four counts of child endangerment causing serious injury. A phone listed for her in Davenport rang unanswered several times Wednesday. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for her.
Her arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 5.
An arrest affidavit says authorities opened an investigation in April when they were called about an infant who’d been hospitalized with several bone fractures. Officers also learned that another infant in Smith’s care was injured in November 2015. The affidavit says a doctor said the injuries were a result of child beating.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW