PALMETTO, Fla. (AP) — Florida police say a 47-year-old who was reported missing by friends was killed by her daughter’s boyfriend.
The Bradenton Herald reports (http://bit.ly/2mi1Oby) 26-year-old Roy Nichols Jr. was arrested early Saturday in a West Virginia truck stop along with Tricia Freeman’s daughter.
Palmetto Police Chief Scott Tyler said Sunday that Nichols Jr. faces a second-degree murder charge, and Freeman’s daughter, Kayla Colyer, will be charged as an accessory to murder after the fact.
Tyler said during an interview, Nichols Jr. recounted how he’d gone to Freeman’s Palmetto home Tuesday, and Freeman said something that “set him off.”
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Nichols Jr. and Colyer were apprehended Saturday in Cabell County, W.Va., when a clerk working at the store recognized them from a news broadcast and alerted authorities.
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com