DeAndre Daniels had 20 points and 10 rebounds Saturday to help UConn snap Florida's 30-game win streak with a 63-53 upset of the Gators at the Final Four.
DeAndre Daniels had 20 points and 10 rebounds Saturday to help UConn snap Florida’s 30-game win streak with a 63-53 upset of the Gators at the Final Four.
Shabazz Napier had 12 for the seventh-seeded Huskies (31-8), who trailed 16-4 midway through the first half but took the lead by halftime and pushed it to double digits early in the second half.
UConn will play for its second title in four years Monday against Kentucky or Wisconsin.
The Huskies were the last team to beat the Gators (36-3), 65-64 back on Dec. 2.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
Florida came in as the tournament’s top overall seed. Patric Young had 19 points and Casey Prather added 15 for the Gators, but Scottie Wilbekin was held to four points with three turnovers.