DeAndre Daniels had 20 points and 10 rebounds Saturday to help UConn snap Florida's 30-game win streak with a 63-53 upset of the Gators at the Final Four.
DeAndre Daniels had 20 points and 10 rebounds Saturday to help UConn snap Florida’s 30-game win streak with a 63-53 upset of the Gators at the Final Four.
Shabazz Napier had 12 for the seventh-seeded Huskies (31-8), who trailed 16-4 midway through the first half but took the lead by halftime and pushed it to double digits early in the second half.
UConn will play for its second title in four years Monday against Kentucky or Wisconsin.
The Huskies were the last team to beat the Gators (36-3), 65-64 back on Dec. 2.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School opens Thursday in Bothell
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
Most Read Stories
Florida came in as the tournament’s top overall seed. Patric Young had 19 points and Casey Prather added 15 for the Gators, but Scottie Wilbekin was held to four points with three turnovers.