SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Prosecutors say Sacramento police acted legally when they shot and killed a man who rushed at them while carrying two large kitchen knives.
The April shooting of Dazion Flenaugh by police drew renewed criticism Friday over newly released video that shows one officer calling him a “freak” and advising a bystander to “just hit him with a baseball bat.”
But the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office said in its report released Friday that he broke into homes and threatened one resident with a knife and pickax before he was shot.
Black Lives Matter spokeswoman Tanya Faison says protesters will keep drawing attention to his death, and that of Joseph Mann.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
Mann was shot by officers 14 times in July and video appears to show them trying to hit him with their squad cars.