DALLAS (AP) — Cowboys wide receiver Lucky Whitehead says his beloved dog Blitz is back home after someone took the pitbull and demanded a $10,000 ransom.
Whitehead posted a video of Blitz on his Snapchat account early Tuesday with the note: “Look who made it home safely!!! THANKS EVERYONE.”
Whitehead told NBC 5 in Dallas he was in Florida last week when Blitz was taken from his Texas home, along with some shoes and bags. Whitehead says he got phone calls demanding he “cut a check” if he wanted to get Blitz back alive, but he refused to pay $10,000 without first getting proof that Blitz was OK.
Whitehead brought Blitz home nine weeks ago and has created an Instagram account for the pup, including photos of him in superhero costumes and a Cowboys shirt.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Amazon isn't technically dominant, but it pervades our lives VIEW
For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL