PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph before crashing into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier was driving with a suspended license.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity.
Rescue crews extricated him from the car after the crash. He was hospitalized in critical condition. Rhode Island Hospital says he was in fair condition as of late Thursday night.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Mariners, nearly at full strength, show they can play, and beat, the best
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Police say Olio-Rojas had been involved in two prior accidents and has several previous traffic violations. WJAR-TV reports police plan to bring misdemeanor charges against him.