PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph before crashing into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier was driving with a suspended license.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity.
Rescue crews extricated him from the car after the crash. He was hospitalized in critical condition. Rhode Island Hospital says he was in fair condition as of late Thursday night.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Police say Olio-Rojas had been involved in two prior accidents and has several previous traffic violations. WJAR-TV reports police plan to bring misdemeanor charges against him.