PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph before crashing into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier was driving with a suspended license.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity.
Rescue crews extricated him from the car after the crash. He was hospitalized in critical condition. Rhode Island Hospital says he was in fair condition as of late Thursday night.
Most Read Stories
- Sexless marriage worries husband | Dear Carolyn
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- Look: Washington Crew uses Husky Stadium snow to send a message about UW football vs. Alabama
- Where did the most snow fall? Here are totals from around Western Washington
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Police say Olio-Rojas had been involved in two prior accidents and has several previous traffic violations. WJAR-TV reports police plan to bring misdemeanor charges against him.