PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph before crashing into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier was driving with a suspended license.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity.
Rescue crews extricated him from the car after the crash. He was hospitalized in critical condition. Rhode Island Hospital says he was in fair condition as of late Thursday night.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Police say Olio-Rojas had been involved in two prior accidents and has several previous traffic violations. WJAR-TV reports police plan to bring misdemeanor charges against him.