NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man has stabbed his roommate to death at a New York City homeless shelter.
They say 62-year-old Deven Black was found stabbed in the neck Wednesday night in East Harlem.
They say the killer fled when a security guard opened the door to the room and found Black bleeding on the floor.
Police have identified their suspect as 21-year-old Anthony White, and they are searching for him. Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce says White has had psychiatric issues since at least 2013.
- Doctors worry over women going for cleanshaven ‘Barbie doll look’
- Billionaire Paul Allen donates $1M to build housing for homeless in Columbia City
- The sorrow of Steak ’n Shake VIEW
- Grizzly kills mountain biker near Glacier National Park
- Seattle drivers slightly improved, but still bad
Most Read Stories
Residents at the Boulevard Homeless Shelter say White had threatened to kill someone for at least a week leading up to the attack. The shelter houses men with mental health issues.
Black was a former city public school teacher and librarian.