Stephen Colbert is done with the "Colbert Report" Twitter account.
Stephen Colbert is done with the “Colbert Report” Twitter account.
He teamed with one of Twitter’s founders, Biz Stone, on Monday’s show to symbolically blow up his show’s Twitter account. The account has been removed from Twitter.
A tweet from that account, controlled by Comedy Central, created controversy last week when it showed a photo from last week’s show that some Asians deemed offensive. A CancelColbert hashtag was created and ignited an online debate over the limits of satire.
Colbert’s defenders suggested the tweet was taken out of context.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
Most Read Stories
Colbert directed his fans to his personal Twitter account with more than six million followers instead.