Stephen Colbert is done with the "Colbert Report" Twitter account.
Stephen Colbert is done with the “Colbert Report” Twitter account.
He teamed with one of Twitter’s founders, Biz Stone, on Monday’s show to symbolically blow up his show’s Twitter account. The account has been removed from Twitter.
A tweet from that account, controlled by Comedy Central, created controversy last week when it showed a photo from last week’s show that some Asians deemed offensive. A CancelColbert hashtag was created and ignited an online debate over the limits of satire.
Colbert’s defenders suggested the tweet was taken out of context.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
Most Read Stories
Colbert directed his fans to his personal Twitter account with more than six million followers instead.