Stephen Colbert is done with the "Colbert Report" Twitter account.
Stephen Colbert is done with the “Colbert Report” Twitter account.
He teamed with one of Twitter’s founders, Biz Stone, on Monday’s show to symbolically blow up his show’s Twitter account. The account has been removed from Twitter.
A tweet from that account, controlled by Comedy Central, created controversy last week when it showed a photo from last week’s show that some Asians deemed offensive. A CancelColbert hashtag was created and ignited an online debate over the limits of satire.
Colbert’s defenders suggested the tweet was taken out of context.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
Colbert directed his fans to his personal Twitter account with more than six million followers instead.