CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say a 25-year-old Cleveland man is wanted on a felonious assault charge for hitting a police officer with a car and dragging the officer.
Cleveland.com (http://bit.ly/2jeARU2 ) reports the officer was struck Monday after approaching a vehicle where police say two people appeared to be using marijuana. Police say the driver refused to turn off the vehicle, so the officer opened the car door and then was hit and dragged by it when the driver reversed the car and sped away. Police say the officer was dragged about 35 feet and suffered only minor injuries.
Police say they later found the car abandoned, and there was marijuana inside. A warrant was issued for the man believed to be the driver.
Most Read Stories
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Draft day delivery: Russell Wilson, Ciara announce birth of Sienna Princess Wilson
Information from: cleveland.com, http://www.cleveland.com