CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee are searching for a suspect who shot an officer three times.
Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal says at least one of the shots Thursday hit the officer in the arm, and none of his injuries are life-threatening.
Police Chief Fred Fletcher says the officer was shot while checking to see if someone was squatting in an abandoned building.
Myzel says authorities are using helicopters and drones to try to find the suspect, who Fletcher said could be armed and dangerous.
Most Read Stories
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans