CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee are searching for a suspect who shot an officer three times.
Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal says at least one of the shots Thursday hit the officer in the arm, and none of his injuries are life-threatening.
Police Chief Fred Fletcher says the officer was shot while checking to see if someone was squatting in an abandoned building.
Myzel says authorities are using helicopters and drones to try to find the suspect, who Fletcher said could be armed and dangerous.
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area