CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee are searching for a suspect who shot an officer three times.
Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal says at least one of the shots Thursday hit the officer in the arm, and none of his injuries are life-threatening.
Police Chief Fred Fletcher says the officer was shot while checking to see if someone was squatting in an abandoned building.
Myzel says authorities are using helicopters and drones to try to find the suspect, who Fletcher said could be armed and dangerous.
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse