CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee are searching for a suspect who shot an officer three times.
Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal says at least one of the shots Thursday hit the officer in the arm, and none of his injuries are life-threatening.
Police Chief Fred Fletcher says the officer was shot while checking to see if someone was squatting in an abandoned building.
Myzel says authorities are using helicopters and drones to try to find the suspect, who Fletcher said could be armed and dangerous.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's newest apartments: 'prison cell' with no door for toilet
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- ‘A fairly messy situation’: 2-4 inches of snow could fall Thursday in Seattle area
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs