CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Police in Tennessee are searching for a suspect who shot an officer three times.
Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal says at least one of the shots Thursday hit the officer in the arm, and none of his injuries are life-threatening.
Police Chief Fred Fletcher says the officer was shot while checking to see if someone was squatting in an abandoned building.
Myzel says authorities are using helicopters and drones to try to find the suspect, who Fletcher said could be armed and dangerous.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Police seek description of shooter who wounded 3 at Seattle’s Crocodile club
- The Fremont Troll was outfitted with a pussyhat ahead of Saturday's Womxn's March