ATLANTA — Some popular celebs and athletes will compete in a televised video game event to raise money for charity.
Turner announced Thursday that NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal, Grammy Award-winning rapper Lupe Fiasco, NFL running back Reggie Bush and pro wrestling star Natalie Eva Marie will play each other in the “eLeague Street Fighter V Invitational Celebrity Showdown.” Each contestant will compete to raise a combined $45,000 for the charities of their choice.
The tournament will air at 10 p.m. EDT on TBS.
The single-elimination tournament will consist of two first-round matches and a final championship round. The winner will earn the majority of the prize pool, while other participants will receive a portion of the funds for their charities.
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- We just experienced warmest and driest summer ever recorded in Seattle
This story corrects reference to Turner, instead of Turner Broadcasting System.