ATLANTA (AP) — An auction raising money for the human rights organization founded by Jimmy Carter will include a four-poster bed designed by the former president.
The annual event raises money for The Carter Center, which is based in Atlanta. The auction is part of a four-day retreat to be held this year near Lake Tahoe, Calif. from June 21 to 25.
Other items up for bid include three paintings by Carter, a navy-blue blazer Carter wore at the 1988 Democratic National Convention, guitars signed by Van Halen and Elton John and a private concert by Peter Yarrow of the folk group Peter, Paul and Mary.
Last year, the event raised a record-breaking $3.7 million for the organization that Carter and his wife, Rosalynn Carter, formed in 1982.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate Seattle officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball