WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Navajo Nation police say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving impaired and crashing into school bus south of the Whippoorwill Chapter House.
They say all seven children aboard the bus escaped injury in Monday afternoon’s accident, and the driver didn’t need medical attention.
Police say the impaired driver of the car was found in a wash west of the crash scene and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.
They say 33-year-old Virgil Yellowhorse was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, seven counts of endangerment to the welfare of a minor and nine counts of aggravated battery.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW
It was unclear Tuesday if Yellowhorse has a lawyer yet.
Two men who were passengers in the car were arrested for public intoxication.