WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. (AP) — Navajo Nation police say a man has been arrested for allegedly driving impaired and crashing into school bus south of the Whippoorwill Chapter House.
They say all seven children aboard the bus escaped injury in Monday afternoon’s accident, and the driver didn’t need medical attention.
Police say the impaired driver of the car was found in a wash west of the crash scene and had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.
They say 33-year-old Virgil Yellowhorse was taken into custody on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, seven counts of endangerment to the welfare of a minor and nine counts of aggravated battery.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
It was unclear Tuesday if Yellowhorse has a lawyer yet.
Two men who were passengers in the car were arrested for public intoxication.