TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — An autumn snowstorm dusted higher elevations in California’s Sierra Nevada with several inches of fresh powder.
Authorities required drivers to use tire chains on several roads in the Donner Summit area, where the wintry scene that started Sunday was replaced with sunny skies Monday afternoon.
National Weather Service meteorologist Travis Wilson says the last few showers of the storm died off by Monday afternoon. He says about an inch of snow accumulated in one area.
He says warm weather will return to the area starting Tuesday.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW