TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — An autumn snowstorm dusted higher elevations in California’s Sierra Nevada with several inches of fresh powder.
Authorities required drivers to use tire chains on several roads in the Donner Summit area, where the wintry scene that started Sunday was replaced with sunny skies Monday afternoon.
National Weather Service meteorologist Travis Wilson says the last few showers of the storm died off by Monday afternoon. He says about an inch of snow accumulated in one area.
He says warm weather will return to the area starting Tuesday.
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Huskies fall to Mississippi State as Kelsey Plum’s record-setting career ends