MECHANICSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A fire has destroyed a central Pennsylvania home where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels once lived as a child.
Upper Allen Township Fire Chief Jim Salter says firefighters had trouble battling the Mechanicsburg fire Wednesday afternoon because nearby hydrants were buried in snow.
Five children and two adults were able to escape safely. Salter says one family member was taken to a hospital for an evaluation.
An official with Bret Michaels Entertainment tells The Sentinel of Carlisle (http://bit.ly/1NCnCzK ) says the singer lived at the house between the ages of six and 17.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
Firefighters say a cooking accident is thought to have ignited the blaze at the ranch-style home.
Michaels posted on his website that his “thoughts and prayers” go out to the family. He says he has great memories of growing up in the home.