CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A 14-year-old South Carolina boy has been accused in two separate fatal shootings last month.
The juvenile is charged with two counts of murder and gun possession during a violent crime for the killings in North Charleston. He is accused of shooting 22-year-old McGill Cason in the head July 2 as the victim drove away from a party. Authorities also say the 14-year-old and a 16-year-old killed 17-year-old Knowledge Sumpter of Lincolnville on July 20.
The Post and Courier reports Saturday that Solicitor Scarlett Wilson has not yet decided whether to pursue prosecuting the 14-year-old as an adult.
Police say the two teens were trying to rob Sumpter when the 14-year-old shot him in the chest. Sumpter was found dead in a yard the next day.
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Watch: Alaska Airlines flight offers dramatic view of solar eclipse WATCH
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
Information from: The Post and Courier, http://www.postandcourier.com