MARGATE, N.J. (AP) — The body of one of two teenage swimmers swept away by a strong current and missing from Atlantic City, New Jersey, since last week has been found.
And a girl who had been on life support following a similar accident in Belmar has died.
Authorities discovered the body of 16-year-old Kaliyah Hand on Monday morning in Margate, a few miles south of Atlantic City.
Kaliyah’s 15-year-old friend Ramon Quinn tried to rescue her but was himself swept away Thursday. Police say both were pulled underwater by the current. Ramon remains missing.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate Seattle officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball
Kaliyah was from Atlantic City. Ramon was from Pleasantville. They went missing the same day a 13-year-old girl died in Belmar, and her 12-year-old cousin died on Monday.
Both accidents happened after lifeguards had gone home for the day.