EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A 15-year-old girl from Singapore who attended a New Jersey boarding school has been killed in a skiing accident in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains.
Officials at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area near East Stroudsburg tell WNEP-TV (http://bit.ly/2jrjP2c ) that Juliette Dajani died when she struck an orange safety fence after losing control and skiing off the bottom of a trail Monday.
Resort officials say Juliette was at the resort for a team event with her school, Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey.
Dajani was from Singapore, but the resort and the coroner’s office did not release information about her hometown.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
The coroner ruled her death an accident from blunt force trauma injuries.
The school says it is “deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our student.”
Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com