EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A 15-year-old girl from Singapore who attended a New Jersey boarding school has been killed in a skiing accident in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains.
Officials at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area near East Stroudsburg tell WNEP-TV (http://bit.ly/2jrjP2c ) that Juliette Dajani died when she struck an orange safety fence after losing control and skiing off the bottom of a trail Monday.
Resort officials say Juliette was at the resort for a team event with her school, Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey.
Dajani was from Singapore, but the resort and the coroner’s office did not release information about her hometown.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
The coroner ruled her death an accident from blunt force trauma injuries.
The school says it is “deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our student.”
Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com