EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A 15-year-old girl from Singapore who attended a New Jersey boarding school has been killed in a skiing accident in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains.
Officials at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area near East Stroudsburg tell WNEP-TV (http://bit.ly/2jrjP2c ) that Juliette Dajani died when she struck an orange safety fence after losing control and skiing off the bottom of a trail Monday.
Resort officials say Juliette was at the resort for a team event with her school, Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey.
Dajani was from Singapore, but the resort and the coroner’s office did not release information about her hometown.
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
The coroner ruled her death an accident from blunt force trauma injuries.
The school says it is “deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our student.”
Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com