State and federal officials are investigating a woman's report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
State and federal officials are investigating a woman’s report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
Initial reports indicate the bear first attacked the woman’s dogs and then went after her late Thursday morning.
The Forest Service has closed the area and they’re trying to capture the bear. The state Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks also is investigating.
No information on the extent of the injuries to the woman or her dogs was released.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections