State and federal officials are investigating a woman's report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
State and federal officials are investigating a woman’s report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
Initial reports indicate the bear first attacked the woman’s dogs and then went after her late Thursday morning.
The Forest Service has closed the area and they’re trying to capture the bear. The state Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks also is investigating.
No information on the extent of the injuries to the woman or her dogs was released.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble