State and federal officials are investigating a woman's report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
State and federal officials are investigating a woman’s report that she and her dogs were attacked by a black bear as they ran on Forest Service land in Montana.
Initial reports indicate the bear first attacked the woman’s dogs and then went after her late Thursday morning.
The Forest Service has closed the area and they’re trying to capture the bear. The state Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks also is investigating.
No information on the extent of the injuries to the woman or her dogs was released.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail