Best Buy is recalling 5,100 replacement batteries for the MacBook Pro because of a fire risk.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that there have been 13 reports of batteries catching fire. One consumer suffered a serious burn on the leg.
Best Buy is voluntarily recalling black and white ATG lithium-ion replacement batteries for the notebook computers. The batteries were sold online or shipped to customers through Best Buy’s Geek Squad services from September of 2008 through June 2012 for about $50.
Best Buy said it is contacting customers to ask them to return the batteries for replacements or Best Buy gift cards. Company spokesman Jeff Shelman noted that Best Buy is only one of many retailers that may have sold the batteries.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
The model number “MC-MBOOK13B” is on the label of the black battery and “MC-BOOK13W” is on the label of the white battery. The ATG logo is on both.