BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are searching for clues after two people were killed and four others were injured when shots rang out in front of a northwest Baltimore store.
Police say that a gunman fired on the people about 6 p.m. Wednesday. The suspect has not been found.
One man was pronounced dead at the scene and a second was pronounced dead at a hospital. Police say a third man was critically wounded, and a fourth man and two women had injuries that were not life-threatening.
On Thursday, police identified the dead men as 23-year-old Davon Dozier and 29-year-old Troy Smothers.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
Police say detectives and an academy class were combing the area Thursday for additional evidence.
Police believe the shooting was in retaliation for a homicide several days ago.