BALTIMORE (AP) — Police are searching for clues after two people were killed and four others were injured when shots rang out in front of a northwest Baltimore store.
Police say that a gunman fired on the people about 6 p.m. Wednesday. The suspect has not been found.
One man was pronounced dead at the scene and a second was pronounced dead at a hospital. Police say a third man was critically wounded, and a fourth man and two women had injuries that were not life-threatening.
On Thursday, police identified the dead men as 23-year-old Davon Dozier and 29-year-old Troy Smothers.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
Police say detectives and an academy class were combing the area Thursday for additional evidence.
Police believe the shooting was in retaliation for a homicide several days ago.