DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A baby sitter in Florida is accused of breaking a 3-year-old’s arm and beating him with a spatula because he wet his pants.
News outlets report 21-year-old Haillee Howell was arrested Friday and charged with aggravated child abuse.
An arrest report says Howell was watching the boy and his brothers, ages 7 and 8. They were dropped off at Howell’s home in Daytona Beach around noon Thursday. When the mother returned to pick them up, Howell told her the child had “wet his pants.”
The mother says the child started crying in the car, saying his arm hurt.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Amazon isn't technically dominant, but it pervades our lives VIEW
She took him to the hospital and police say X-rays showed two bones broken in his wrist.
Police say Howell denied abusing the boy. A lawyer wasn’t listed on jail records.