FAIRFIELD, Maine (AP) — The autopsy of a Maine woman found dead behind her in-laws’ home shows she was buried along with a bag of potato chips, a bottle of perfume and a note that took “an apologetic tone.”
The Morning Sentinel reports (http://bit.ly/2eif3kY ) the body of 34-year-old Valerie Tieman was found partially buried in a shallow grave behind her in-laws’ Fairfield home on Sept. 20.
Police say Tieman was shot in the head and neck by her husband, who then dumped her body not far from the home that the couple shared with his parents. Her husband, Luc, is charged with murder.
A toxicology report found that Valerie Tieman had several synthetic opioids in her system.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Suspicious? Gay groomsman only one left out of rehearsal dinner | Dear Carolyn
- Live updates from Dakota Access Pipeline protests: ‘It will be a battle here’
- Seattle’s Old Spaghetti Factory to close in December
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson reveals wife Ciara is pregnant VIEW
Luc Tieman’s attorney says he expects the public “will not exercise a rush to judgment.”
Information from: Morning Sentinel, http://www.onlinesentinel.com/