BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — A man accused of intentionally killing his toddler by leaving him in a hot car shed tears in the courtroom as jurors were shown 34 autopsy photos.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://on-ajc.com/2eNwsFG ) reports that Justin Ross Harris wept on Tuesday when Cobb County Medical Examiner Brian Frist described the final hours of his son, Cooper.
Frist testified that given the temperatures that day in June 2014, the toddler’s death would have been “prolonged.” He calls the death “agonizing.”
Harris’s lawyers call the death accidental.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Lawyers for Mayor Ed Murray seeking sanctions against attorney for sex-assault accuser
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
He faces life in prison if convicted of murder.
Harris moved from Alabama to Georgia in 2012.