BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — A man accused of intentionally killing his toddler by leaving him in a hot car shed tears in the courtroom as jurors were shown 34 autopsy photos.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://on-ajc.com/2eNwsFG ) reports that Justin Ross Harris wept on Tuesday when Cobb County Medical Examiner Brian Frist described the final hours of his son, Cooper.
Frist testified that given the temperatures that day in June 2014, the toddler’s death would have been “prolonged.” He calls the death “agonizing.”
Harris’s lawyers call the death accidental.
Most Read Stories
- I-5 reopened after semitruck crash, authorities warn of lingering delays in Seattle VIEW
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Sound Transit uses inflated car values to collect higher tab fees
- Taco truck, stuck in Seattle’s big I-5 closure, opens for lunch anyway
- Snow returns for afternoon commute; lightning strikes Space Needle VIEW
He faces life in prison if convicted of murder.
Harris moved from Alabama to Georgia in 2012.