ROXBURY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey woman tried to poison her grandmother with liquid anti-freeze.
Morris County prosecutors say Elise Conroy was arrested Saturday on an attempted murder charge. A possible motive has not be disclosed.
Authorities say the 26-year-old Roxbury Township lives with her 84-year-old grandmother.
Conroy allegedly bought the anti-freeze in July with the purpose of poisoning the older woman. Prosecutors say Conroy eventually poured it into some juice and gave the juice to her grandmother.
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
Authorities have not said whether Conroy’s grandmother was harmed by the alleged poisoning attempt.
Conroy was being held pending a detention hearing, which has not yet been scheduled. It wasn’t known Saturday if she has retained an attorney.