NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a New York City jail guard offered an undercover police officer sex in exchange for cash.
Police say Geliesha Smith was arrested Thursday in a sting operation in a Brooklyn hotel after investigators discovered her posing suggestively in an online ad.
A spokesman for the city Department of Correction says the 26-year-old Smith is a probationary hire, was suspended upon her arrest and will be fired. She was a civilian employee assigned to a multi-agency drug task force.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/2jJ9QJ9 ) reports she was released without bail. A phone number associated with her address is not in service, and there was no response to a note sent to her possible email address.
Most Read Stories
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- $225 million more needed to build light rail across I-90 bridge
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
Vetting jail guards has become a priority for city officials after a 2015 investigation found many had gang ties, prior arrests and other disqualifying attributes.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com