TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 12-year-old girl was among three people killed in a seven-vehicle accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators say a semi-truck hit another vehicle from behind and caused a chain reaction accident around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities say 41-year-old Abril Castillo of Tucson was pronounced dead at the scene and her 12-year-old daughter later died of her injuries at a hospital.
The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
- Mariners, nearly at full strength, show they can play, and beat, the best
DPS officials say 46-year-old Tina Totty of Rio Rico also died at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash involved seven vehicles, including two trucks and five passenger vehicles.
Authorities say four people were unhurt after crash.