TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 12-year-old girl was among three people killed in a seven-vehicle accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators say a semi-truck hit another vehicle from behind and caused a chain reaction accident around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities say 41-year-old Abril Castillo of Tucson was pronounced dead at the scene and her 12-year-old daughter later died of her injuries at a hospital.
The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- UW Huskies awarded No. 4 seed for College Football Playoff, to play No. 1 Alabama in Peach Bowl
- Once extinct in Washington, fishers return to Mount Rainier
- Seahawks’ Earl Thomas hints at retirement on Twitter after breaking bone in leg vs. Panthers
- Fancy a weekend jaunt? Seattle, Portland booms put I-5 drivers in a jam | FYI Guy
- Three rounds of lowland snow possible, starting Sunday night
DPS officials say 46-year-old Tina Totty of Rio Rico also died at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash involved seven vehicles, including two trucks and five passenger vehicles.
Authorities say four people were unhurt after crash.