TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 12-year-old girl was among three people killed in a seven-vehicle accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators say a semi-truck hit another vehicle from behind and caused a chain reaction accident around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities say 41-year-old Abril Castillo of Tucson was pronounced dead at the scene and her 12-year-old daughter later died of her injuries at a hospital.
The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
DPS officials say 46-year-old Tina Totty of Rio Rico also died at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash involved seven vehicles, including two trucks and five passenger vehicles.
Authorities say four people were unhurt after crash.