TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A 12-year-old girl was among three people killed in a seven-vehicle accident on Interstate 10 in Tucson.
Arizona Department of Public Safety investigators say a semi-truck hit another vehicle from behind and caused a chain reaction accident around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities say 41-year-old Abril Castillo of Tucson was pronounced dead at the scene and her 12-year-old daughter later died of her injuries at a hospital.
The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
DPS officials say 46-year-old Tina Totty of Rio Rico also died at the hospital from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash involved seven vehicles, including two trucks and five passenger vehicles.
Authorities say four people were unhurt after crash.