WINTER PARK, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a 15-year-old boy who was attacked and beaten in an upscale suburb near Orlando, Florida, has died in a hospital.
Winter Park Police Lt. Pam Marcum said the unnamed victim was taken off life support Monday following the weekend attack, the Orlando Sentinel is reporting (https://goo.gl/ik5nKK ).
Police have said the teen got into a confrontation with a group of juvenile males Saturday night and was brain dead by the time he arrived at a hospital. No arrests have been made.
Police say the attackers could be students at a high school in the area. Police have said the victim is from Brazil but declined to identify him by name.
Most Read Stories
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 3 Seattle restaurants that make you feel like you’re far, far away VIEW
A task force of detectives from agencies across central Florida is investigating the attack.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Golfweek, http://www.golfweek.com