MARIN CITY, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two men were killed and a third survived a gunshot to the head after an armed fight broke out at a large apartment complex in Marin City, north of San Francisco.
Marin County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Doug Pittman said the violence began on Sunday with a domestic dispute in which other people tried to intervene.
Pittman told the Marin Independent Journal (bayareane.ws/1PgotdD) he did not know whether the victims were shot or might have died from other injuries. He said authorities initially received reports of gunfire and a possible altercation involving people with bats or sticks.
The survivor was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound to his head.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
His condition improved by the afternoon.
Investigators were trying to determine what happened and planned to interview the survivor to get details.