FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A prosecutor says two Arkansas police officers who killed a 26-year-old man earlier this month won’t face charges related to the shooting.
Washington County prosecutor Matt Durrett says Springdale Police Sgt. Josh Kirmer and Officer Roger Eubanks were justified when they killed Zachary Sutton after he fired on them during a traffic stop.
Police say Sutton was riding a scooter on Oct. 5 when he was stopped for a traffic offense. Police said Sutton fired a handgun at the officers.
The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/2eC2pkY ) that video from the officers’ vehicle shows Sutton aim and fire the gun at the officers before they returned fire.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Record Seattle crowd asserts women’s rights: 'Trump has galvanized everybody' WATCH
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
The video wasn’t released at the time of the shooting because it was part of the investigation.
Information from: Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.nwaonline.com