FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A prosecutor says two Arkansas police officers who killed a 26-year-old man earlier this month won’t face charges related to the shooting.
Washington County prosecutor Matt Durrett says Springdale Police Sgt. Josh Kirmer and Officer Roger Eubanks were justified when they killed Zachary Sutton after he fired on them during a traffic stop.
Police say Sutton was riding a scooter on Oct. 5 when he was stopped for a traffic offense. Police said Sutton fired a handgun at the officers.
The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/2eC2pkY ) that video from the officers’ vehicle shows Sutton aim and fire the gun at the officers before they returned fire.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
The video wasn’t released at the time of the shooting because it was part of the investigation.
Information from: Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.nwaonline.com