FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A prosecutor says two Arkansas police officers who killed a 26-year-old man earlier this month won’t face charges related to the shooting.
Washington County prosecutor Matt Durrett says Springdale Police Sgt. Josh Kirmer and Officer Roger Eubanks were justified when they killed Zachary Sutton after he fired on them during a traffic stop.
Police say Sutton was riding a scooter on Oct. 5 when he was stopped for a traffic offense. Police said Sutton fired a handgun at the officers.
The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/2eC2pkY ) that video from the officers’ vehicle shows Sutton aim and fire the gun at the officers before they returned fire.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air
The video wasn’t released at the time of the shooting because it was part of the investigation.
Information from: Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.nwaonline.com