FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — A prosecutor says two Arkansas police officers who killed a 26-year-old man earlier this month won’t face charges related to the shooting.
Washington County prosecutor Matt Durrett says Springdale Police Sgt. Josh Kirmer and Officer Roger Eubanks were justified when they killed Zachary Sutton after he fired on them during a traffic stop.
Police say Sutton was riding a scooter on Oct. 5 when he was stopped for a traffic offense. Police said Sutton fired a handgun at the officers.
The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/2eC2pkY ) that video from the officers’ vehicle shows Sutton aim and fire the gun at the officers before they returned fire.
Most Read Stories
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
- Starbucks closes Teavana stores, doubles down on China coffee shops as quarter misses forecasts
- Washington distracted-driving law has drivers wondering if they can still drink coffee on the road VIEW
- Chinese millionaires pick Seattle as No. 2 place in the world to live, survey shows | FYI Guy
- 3 teens killed in Lynnwood crash from Mill Creek high school
The video wasn’t released at the time of the shooting because it was part of the investigation.
Information from: Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.nwaonline.com