FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — A county jail guard in Alabama has been charged with trying to smuggle drugs inside a Bible.
Sheriff Rick Singleton says 32-year-old Kenneth Lee Lawson of Florence was arrested Saturday night during a shift change when fellow officers found the prescription narcotic Suboxone hidden inside Lawson’s Bible.
Singleton says Lawson also was found with tobacco and was charged with trying to bring contraband into the Lauderdale County jail.
The TimesDaily (http://bit.ly/2anp1CB ) reports that Lawson had been working as a corrections officer at the northwest Alabama jail for about three months. Court records don’t yet show whether he’s got a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?