FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — A county jail guard in Alabama has been charged with trying to smuggle drugs inside a Bible.
Sheriff Rick Singleton says 32-year-old Kenneth Lee Lawson of Florence was arrested Saturday night during a shift change when fellow officers found the prescription narcotic Suboxone hidden inside Lawson’s Bible.
Singleton says Lawson also was found with tobacco and was charged with trying to bring contraband into the Lauderdale County jail.
The TimesDaily (http://bit.ly/2anp1CB ) reports that Lawson had been working as a corrections officer at the northwest Alabama jail for about three months. Court records don’t yet show whether he’s got a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7