Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia's stadium for the World Cup:
Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia’s stadium for the World Cup:
–Auditors allege that nearly one-third of the $900 million in costs for the stadium are fraudulent.
–The tab for transportation of prefabricated grandstands in Brasilia was supposed to be just $4,700, but the construction consortium billed the government $1.5 million.
–$16 million was lost when Brasilia’s city government inexplicably failed to enforce a fine against the consortium building the stadium despite a five-month delay in completion of the main portion of the arena.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
–Materials worth $2.3 million were listed multiple times on bills.