Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia's stadium for the World Cup:
Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia’s stadium for the World Cup:
–Auditors allege that nearly one-third of the $900 million in costs for the stadium are fraudulent.
–The tab for transportation of prefabricated grandstands in Brasilia was supposed to be just $4,700, but the construction consortium billed the government $1.5 million.
–$16 million was lost when Brasilia’s city government inexplicably failed to enforce a fine against the consortium building the stadium despite a five-month delay in completion of the main portion of the arena.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
–Materials worth $2.3 million were listed multiple times on bills.