Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia's stadium for the World Cup:
Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia’s stadium for the World Cup:
–Auditors allege that nearly one-third of the $900 million in costs for the stadium are fraudulent.
–The tab for transportation of prefabricated grandstands in Brasilia was supposed to be just $4,700, but the construction consortium billed the government $1.5 million.
–$16 million was lost when Brasilia’s city government inexplicably failed to enforce a fine against the consortium building the stadium despite a five-month delay in completion of the main portion of the arena.
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Sister-in-law didn’t appreciate delivery support
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
Most Read Stories
–Materials worth $2.3 million were listed multiple times on bills.