Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia's stadium for the World Cup:
Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia’s stadium for the World Cup:
–Auditors allege that nearly one-third of the $900 million in costs for the stadium are fraudulent.
–The tab for transportation of prefabricated grandstands in Brasilia was supposed to be just $4,700, but the construction consortium billed the government $1.5 million.
–$16 million was lost when Brasilia’s city government inexplicably failed to enforce a fine against the consortium building the stadium despite a five-month delay in completion of the main portion of the arena.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- How Evergreen State prof guided Supreme Court on gay marriage
Most Read Stories
–Materials worth $2.3 million were listed multiple times on bills.