Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia's stadium for the World Cup:
Some examples of questionable costs that government auditors found in the building of Brasilia’s stadium for the World Cup:
–Auditors allege that nearly one-third of the $900 million in costs for the stadium are fraudulent.
–The tab for transportation of prefabricated grandstands in Brasilia was supposed to be just $4,700, but the construction consortium billed the government $1.5 million.
–$16 million was lost when Brasilia’s city government inexplicably failed to enforce a fine against the consortium building the stadium despite a five-month delay in completion of the main portion of the arena.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Want cheaper rent? Go vintage
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
–Materials worth $2.3 million were listed multiple times on bills.