Transportation officials say they'll need to repair all five freeway overpasses that were hit by a dump truck hauling an excavator.
Transportation officials say they’ll need to repair all five freeway overpasses that were hit by a dump truck hauling an excavator.
The Olympian reports (http://is.gd/wC1hMV ) that a 45-year-old dump truck driver was making a delivery from Montesano to Chehalis on Friday.
State patrol spokesman Guy Gill says the man was pulling a flatbed trailer with an excavator on U.S. Highway 101 when the excavator’s boom crashed into the first overpass. The man continued driving southbound on Interstate 5 and the boom hit several other bridges.
Gill said the driver told authorities he didn’t realized he had hit anything. Two cars hit debris that fell during the collisions but no injuries were reported.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
Transportation spokesman Doug Adamson says it’s unclear how much the repairs will cost.
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com