Transportation officials say they'll need to repair all five freeway overpasses that were hit by a dump truck hauling an excavator.
Transportation officials say they’ll need to repair all five freeway overpasses that were hit by a dump truck hauling an excavator.
The Olympian reports (http://is.gd/wC1hMV ) that a 45-year-old dump truck driver was making a delivery from Montesano to Chehalis on Friday.
State patrol spokesman Guy Gill says the man was pulling a flatbed trailer with an excavator on U.S. Highway 101 when the excavator’s boom crashed into the first overpass. The man continued driving southbound on Interstate 5 and the boom hit several other bridges.
Gill said the driver told authorities he didn’t realized he had hit anything. Two cars hit debris that fell during the collisions but no injuries were reported.
- Artificially produced water delivers Israel from drought
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett admits he wants a new deal
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- 2nd man comes forward with accusation against Hastert
- Seahawks' honest approach won over cornerback Cary Williams in free-agency tour
Most Read Stories
Transportation spokesman Doug Adamson says it’s unclear how much the repairs will cost.
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com