COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Four elementary school students were injured, one of them seriously, after being run over on their way to class Thursday morning in Colorado.
Police say they were hit by a car trying to make a right turn at an intersection. Witnesses told The Gazette (http://bit.ly/2jnOqgZ) that the children — three siblings and a cousin — were crossing in a crosswalk with the help of a crossing guard.
Police spokesman Lt. Howard Black says people who saw the crash rushed over to lift the car off the children. He said one of them needed to be pulled free.
All four children were taken to the hospital, and two were admitted. Their injuries weren’t released, but police say they’re expected to recover.
Most Read Stories
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Draft day delivery: Russell Wilson, Ciara announce birth of Sienna Princess Wilson
Police are evaluating the driver.