SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The 3-year-old daughter of former NFL running back and current Brigham Young University assistant coach Reno Mahe has died a week after she was found tangled in a mini blind with cords wrapped around her neck.
Mahe and his wife, Sunny, announced daughter Elsie’s death Tuesday on social media . The announcement says the girl had two neurological exams and both tested positive for brain death. It says she died Tuesday evening. A family spokesman confirmed the girl’s death on Twitter .
The accident happened in the Mahes’ Utah home on Nov. 22.
The Mahes say they worked to have Elsie’s organs donated.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- Concert review: Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani duet thrills fans in Tacoma
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Remember the Mariners’ 'Big Three'? Only one remains
- Personal responsibility and the rape debate | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
Reno Mahe played five seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2003 to 2007. He coaches running backs at BYU.