SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The 3-year-old daughter of former NFL running back and current Brigham Young University assistant coach Reno Mahe has died a week after she was found tangled in a mini blind with cords wrapped around her neck.
Mahe and his wife, Sunny, announced daughter Elsie’s death Tuesday on social media . The announcement says the girl had two neurological exams and both tested positive for brain death. It says she died Tuesday evening. A family spokesman confirmed the girl’s death on Twitter .
The accident happened in the Mahes’ Utah home on Nov. 22.
The Mahes say they worked to have Elsie’s organs donated.
Most Read Stories
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Nathan Hale's Michael Porter Jr. asks for release from Washington
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin VIEW
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?
Reno Mahe played five seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2003 to 2007. He coaches running backs at BYU.