SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The 3-year-old daughter of former NFL running back and current Brigham Young University assistant coach Reno Mahe has died a week after she was found tangled in a mini blind with cords wrapped around her neck.
Mahe and his wife, Sunny, announced daughter Elsie’s death Tuesday on social media . The announcement says the girl had two neurological exams and both tested positive for brain death. It says she died Tuesday evening. A family spokesman confirmed the girl’s death on Twitter .
The accident happened in the Mahes’ Utah home on Nov. 22.
The Mahes say they worked to have Elsie’s organs donated.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
Reno Mahe played five seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2003 to 2007. He coaches running backs at BYU.