SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The 3-year-old daughter of former NFL running back and current Brigham Young University assistant coach Reno Mahe has died a week after she was found tangled in a mini blind with cords wrapped around her neck.
Mahe and his wife, Sunny, announced daughter Elsie’s death Tuesday on social media . The announcement says the girl had two neurological exams and both tested positive for brain death. It says she died Tuesday evening. A family spokesman confirmed the girl’s death on Twitter .
The accident happened in the Mahes’ Utah home on Nov. 22.
The Mahes say they worked to have Elsie’s organs donated.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Reno Mahe played five seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2003 to 2007. He coaches running backs at BYU.