SKOKIE, Ill. (AP) — Police say two students accused of planning to carry out a shooting at their suburban Chicago middle school have been taken into custody.
Police in Skokie said in a statement that McCracken Middle School officials contacted them Wednesday morning after hearing about the students’ plan “to commit a shooting … in the near future.”
They’re expected to be charged as juveniles.
No details have been released about the plan. Police say the threat “is no longer viable.”
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
Police say three other students are suspected of knowing about the plan. Police interviewed those three and released them to their parents.
School officials are working with police in the investigation.