SKOKIE, Ill. (AP) — Police say two students accused of planning to carry out a shooting at their suburban Chicago middle school have been taken into custody.
Police in Skokie said in a statement that McCracken Middle School officials contacted them Wednesday morning after hearing about the students’ plan “to commit a shooting … in the near future.”
They’re expected to be charged as juveniles.
No details have been released about the plan. Police say the threat “is no longer viable.”
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state
Police say three other students are suspected of knowing about the plan. Police interviewed those three and released them to their parents.
School officials are working with police in the investigation.