AUSTIN, Texas — Police say two people have died after a car drove through temporary barricades set up for the South By Southwest festival and struck a crowd of pedestrians.
Lt. Brian Moon says the two victims were confirmed dead at the scene in downtown Austin, along a block where several clubs are located. Moon says 21 others were transported to various hospitals, most with minor injuries. He says five to seven had more serious injuries.
The fatal crash happened around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
Police say the driver has been taken into custody.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents