A father and son are in custody in California on suspicion of kidnapping the father's ex-wife to perform an exorcism.
A father and son are in custody in California on suspicion of kidnapping the father’s ex-wife to perform an exorcism.
San Joaquin County Sheriff’s officials say 42-year-old Jose Magana-Farias and his son, 20-year-old Victor Farias, thought the woman was possessed because her behavior had changed.
Lt. Mike Jones tells KCRA-TV (http://bit.ly/17md4Bp ) they picked her up on Saturday in Stockton and got two priests. The priests aren’t expected to face charges, according to the station.
According to a sheriff’s report, the woman was doused with sacred oil during some sort of religious ceremony. She was later found unharmed.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
Most Read Stories
Magana-Farias and his son are scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday afternoon. It was not immediately clear whether they had attorneys or had been charged.