An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand's capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand’s capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
Police Lieutenant Aphiwat Gaysorn said the accident in Samut Prakarn province’s Bang Phli district occurred when a beam supporting an elevator shaft collapsed and fell on workers who were constructing an annex at the hospital.
He said another worker was trapped under rubble and was believed dead.
A statement from Mahidol University, operator of the Ramathibodi Hospital medical center, blamed the collapse on soil subsidence under the elevator chute, the Bangkok Post newspaper’s website reported.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says