An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand's capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand’s capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
Police Lieutenant Aphiwat Gaysorn said the accident in Samut Prakarn province’s Bang Phli district occurred when a beam supporting an elevator shaft collapsed and fell on workers who were constructing an annex at the hospital.
He said another worker was trapped under rubble and was believed dead.
A statement from Mahidol University, operator of the Ramathibodi Hospital medical center, blamed the collapse on soil subsidence under the elevator chute, the Bangkok Post newspaper’s website reported.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open