An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand's capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand’s capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
Police Lieutenant Aphiwat Gaysorn said the accident in Samut Prakarn province’s Bang Phli district occurred when a beam supporting an elevator shaft collapsed and fell on workers who were constructing an annex at the hospital.
He said another worker was trapped under rubble and was believed dead.
A statement from Mahidol University, operator of the Ramathibodi Hospital medical center, blamed the collapse on soil subsidence under the elevator chute, the Bangkok Post newspaper’s website reported.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down