An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand's capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
An accident at a hospital construction site near Thailand’s capital on Tuesday killed at least 11 people and injured 18 others, police said.
Police Lieutenant Aphiwat Gaysorn said the accident in Samut Prakarn province’s Bang Phli district occurred when a beam supporting an elevator shaft collapsed and fell on workers who were constructing an annex at the hospital.
He said another worker was trapped under rubble and was believed dead.
A statement from Mahidol University, operator of the Ramathibodi Hospital medical center, blamed the collapse on soil subsidence under the elevator chute, the Bangkok Post newspaper’s website reported.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'