Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. WHAT ALL CANDIDATES AGREE ON IN IOWA
In the White House race, Democrats and Republicans acknowledge that the outcome of Monday night’s caucuses will hinge on turnout, so they’re making last-ditch pitches to ensure supporters show up.
2. WHO MAY SUFFER MOST FROM BRAZIL’S ZIKA VIRUS OUTBREAK
- Thinking of voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson? Here are their policy positions
- Mukilteo shooting leaves 3 dead, 1 wounded; 19-year-old arrested WATCH
- Doctor who killed partner, child in Seattle penthouse gets 49 years
- AP FACT CHECK: Misfires in Hillary Clinton's speech
- 6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza VIEW
Most Read Stories
Poor women who are pregnant have no option to leave the country, and must face the dread that the mosquito-borne illness may cause birth defects in their unborn babies.
3. VA TECH STUDENTS CHARGED IN TEEN GIRL’S DEATH
Two Virginia Tech engineering students are arrested in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl who disappeared last week.
4. BOMBINGS IN SYRIA KILL AT LEAST 50
The triple blasts in Damascus come as a U.N. mediator attempts to begin a process to end five years of civil war.
5. LOCAL RESIDENTS: ARMED STANDOFF PITS NEIGHBOR AGAINST NEIGHBOR
“It’s tearing the community apart,” says Bonnie Angleton of Burns, Ore., the town outside a wildlife refuge where four anti-government occupiers with weapons continue to hold out.
6. WHERE TRUMP FACES FIRST BIG TEST IN IOWA
The Iowa caucuses should help show whether the big crowds at the celebrity businessman’s rallies will actually show up to vote.
7. ‘I WILL NEVER STOP HEARING THOSE CRIES’
Gulcan Durdu, resident of a coastal resort town in Turkey, recounts hearing the screams of migrants whose boat hit rocks and capsized, causing 37 drownings.
8. CALIF. INVESTIGATES HOW 3 VIOLENT INMATES ESCAPED
The fugitives have been recaptured, but officials are trying to determine why they were able to break out of the maximum security prison.
9. ‘THIS IS THE 20TH TIME WE BURIED ABE VIGODA’
Comedian Gilbert Gottfried pokes gentle fun at “The Godfather” and “Barney Miller” actor’s funeral. Vigoda had been falsely reported dead decades ago, leading to a long-running joke.
10. CAM NEWTON ROCKS ZEBRA STRIPES ON SUPER BOWL TRIP
The Carolina Panthers quarterback wears fancy striped trousers overlaid with gold patterns while flying out to the West Coast for next week’s NFL championship.