REVERE, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a boiler explosion in the basement of a suburban Boston home has killed a man.
The Massachusetts fire marshal’s office says the victim had gone to check on the boiler in the Revere home at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when it exploded.
The blast blew out the basement windows.
The man’s brother tells WBZ-AM that the home’s heating system had been malfunctioning for several days and the victim was trying to fix it. Officials have not released the man’s name.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Blast at Ariana Grande concert in England kills 19 people VIEW
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Search suspended for Issaquah teen missing in Snoqualmie River
Fire officials say the explosion was caused by over-pressurization. Nine other people escaped unharmed but have been displaced from the building.