REVERE, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a boiler explosion in the basement of a suburban Boston home has killed a man.
The Massachusetts fire marshal’s office says the victim had gone to check on the boiler in the Revere home at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when it exploded.
The blast blew out the basement windows.
The man’s brother tells WBZ-AM that the home’s heating system had been malfunctioning for several days and the victim was trying to fix it. Officials have not released the man’s name.
Most Read Stories
- Live coverage as the solar eclipse crosses the Northwest, U.S. WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
Fire officials say the explosion was caused by over-pressurization. Nine other people escaped unharmed but have been displaced from the building.