REVERE, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a boiler explosion in the basement of a suburban Boston home has killed a man.
The Massachusetts fire marshal’s office says the victim had gone to check on the boiler in the Revere home at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when it exploded.
The blast blew out the basement windows.
The man’s brother tells WBZ-AM that the home’s heating system had been malfunctioning for several days and the victim was trying to fix it. Officials have not released the man’s name.
Most Read Stories
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle home too toxic to enter sparked a bidding frenzy — now we know why VIEW
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Seattle cop accused of doing drugs with strip-club dancer, slipping names of crime victims to Q13 anchor
Fire officials say the explosion was caused by over-pressurization. Nine other people escaped unharmed but have been displaced from the building.