REVERE, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a boiler explosion in the basement of a suburban Boston home has killed a man.
The Massachusetts fire marshal’s office says the victim had gone to check on the boiler in the Revere home at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when it exploded.
The blast blew out the basement windows.
The man’s brother tells WBZ-AM that the home’s heating system had been malfunctioning for several days and the victim was trying to fix it. Officials have not released the man’s name.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
Fire officials say the explosion was caused by over-pressurization. Nine other people escaped unharmed but have been displaced from the building.